Get slow cooked flavor by using ready made bone broth and chicken on the bone. Easy enough to do when in a vacation rental kitchen!
- 2 chicken thighs on the bone
- 1 package Bonafide frozen chicken bone broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- 2 green onions cut in half
- 3 shiitake or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 3 bricks (out of 4) Black Rice ramen noodles
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- Olive oil
- Garnish: thinly sliced green onion, drizzle toasted sesame oil
- In a medium pot, cook the chicken in a touch of olive oil to brown it. Leave the skin on (we eat it too!)
- Run the frozen bag of broth under water to thaw it enough to remove the packaging. Add it to the chicken along with the water and turn the heat to low to continue melting the broth.
- Add ginger, green onion, and mushroom. Once broth is melted, bring to a boil and then turn heat down and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add soy sauce and garlic powder and taste the broth. Remove green onion and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- While the chicken is simmering, cook noodles in another pot, following directions on the package. Once the noodles are done, drain and add to the soup.
- Stir in a handful or two of baby spinach.
- Put in two bowls and garnish with sliced green onions and if you have toasted sesame oil, add a splash of that too!
Note: You can cut up the chicken if you want, but we just eat it off the bone;)
- Serving Size: 2